Who doesn’t love a warm, fresh, herby, authentic tasting tomato sauce? It completes whatever you pour it on, whether that be pasta, meat or use it as a dip for your mozzarella sticks, bread sticks or garlic bread! So today I will show you how to make an inexpensive, great tasting sauce that takes literally five minutes!
What you’ll need:
- Five tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of fresh sweet basil
- 1/3 cup of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon of white truffle oil
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of red cooking wine
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of minced finely chopped garlic
- 1 stem of fresh rosemary
In a food processor, place the tomatoes, sweet basil, basil, truffle oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder inside and blend on high for 30 to 45 seconds until everything is finely chopped and the density of a soup.
Pour the tomato and herb mixture into a medium sized sauce pan and turn the heat to medium, combining the tomato paste, vinegar, red cooking wine, sugar and minced garlic together, stirring until the sauce becomes a dark red and is mixed together well then let simmer with a stem of fresh rosemary for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the sauce begins to bubble. Turn the heat off and pour over what you desire.